So you need a gift for that picky whisky lover in your life but don’t know enough about their tastes to buy them an actual bottle eh? Well we (3DC) have got you covered. The following is Raz’ top 10 non whisky-whisky gifts to give for the holidays.
Please note that, excepting the #1 pick, there is no particular order to them, nor are the links necessarily to the only and or best value sites to get these gifts from. Buyer beware is the rule of the day. These are just ideas for you to use as your own (with our blessings) and to get the job done.
- Give the gift of knowledge – Jim Murray’s Whisky Bible 2008: $18.12 http://www.alibris.com/booksearch.detail?invid=9267045883&qwork=-184442991&title=whisky+bible&qsort=&page=1
- More Whisky smarts can be given in the form of a Subscription to Whisky Magazine: $44.95 http://www.whiskymag.com/subscribe/
- If fine stemware is your preference then the Reidel Vinum Whiskey Glass would suit your needs: $17.00 http://www.hitimewine.net/istar.asp?a=6&id=703770!1107
- OK, so there is SOME whisky in this “no-whiskey” gift list but as Seamus says, you can’t go wrong with the Balvenie, he’s wrong-but he says it anyway, so with that in mind; the Balvenie Gift Basket from Hi Time Wine Cellars would make someone very happy: $114.95 http://www.hitimewine.net/istar.asp?a=6&id=810534!0
- An outstanding fallback gift for any whisky lover is simply a good Flask: $12-$85 http://www.hitimewine.net/istar.asp?a=3&dept=06&class=13
- For the more eclectic and interior decorationally minded, an obscure Whisky Distillery Sign from ages long past: $37.01 http://beerinnprint.co.uk/category_list.php?list=67
- Got someone that is so into whiskey that they’ve been considering making their own? Give them a Whiskey Barrel: $40-$272 http://thebarrelsource.com/combos.html
- If you are a cheap bastard, I mean “Scottish Frugal” a Whiskey Bar Towel is a cool gift to get: under $10 http://search.ebay.com/search/search.dll?from=R40&_trksid=m37&satitle=whiskey+bar+towel&category0
- For those living on the West Coast, where prohibition has been reinstated at all the beaches, a pair of Reef Dram sandals would be of great use: $29-$50 http://www.reef.com/guys/productdetail/guys/footwear/sandals/2597
- Because you really can’t do much better than giving knowledge as a gift, Tickets to WOW 2008 in San Francisco would be great. Remember, we’re staying at the Hotel Des Arts in case you want to send them by to say hello as well: $110.00 and up http://www.whiskiesoftheworld.com
Happy shopping and if you are reading this, I wouldn’t mind being on your list…