Today we solidified the details for our very own virtual tasting. Here’s the break down:
Date & Time: January 28th, 2012 at 7pm PST (Facebook Event Listing)
Location: Virtual! Hosted by the 3 Drunken Celt’s Google Plus (G+) page Hangout-on-Air
- Amrut Single Malt
- Singleton 12 Year Single Malt
- Glenmorangie Quinta Ruban
- Suntory 12 Year Yamzaki
How can you taste-along? We have worked closely with Forrest Cokely over at Hi-Time Wine Cellars to build a mini tasting kit comprised of 50ml minis of the drams noted above. You can order this custom built kit, for only $23.99 here: http://www.hitimewine.net/product.php?productid=68133&cat=268&page=1
Some logistic points of note:
- We are limited to 40 of the Amrut Single Malt, which will limit the number of kits available.
- Google Hangout-on-Air is limited to 9 participants via web-cam, all others can watch via live feeds.
- Some people are already planning “in person” type meet-ups to expand the number of live video participants. There is to be one in Orange County, CA and another up in Santa Barbara, CA. Anyone out East want to set up a meet up point?
- If enough interest is shown for regional in-person meet-ups, full bottles could be substituted for the mini-kits to ensure everyone is able to taste. This would be the responsibility of each local organizer to handle.
- Of course you don’t have to drink… with this setup you can just join and watch if you don’t want to order a kit or don’t even drink… in any case it should be an interesting night!
Once you order and receive your kit, hold tight, January 28th will be he before you know it!
In preparation for the tasting, you may want to join Google Plus and circle the 3 Drunken Celts page so you can see and join the Hangout. While there, you may also want to familiarize yourself with the hangout feature (who knows, we may host smaller unannounced test tastings leading up to the day) so you’ll be ready to go and join in on January 28th as we sample each dram and share our notes virtually, North to South, East to West, and across the globe!